Show interest, not alarm
I develop and facilitate experiences for youth and the professionals involved with them, integrating ideas and strategies from experiential & liberatory education, youth/adult partnerships, and narrative-informed practices. These experiences nurture culturally inclusive and socially just communities, youth leadership, and collaborative community building.
These experiences are interactive, engaged, and fun-filled. I work to engage participants in generative conversations that open space for new possibilities, make room for previously unheard voices, and blaze trails to meaningful outcomes. I partner with very cool and talented youth and community workers who are skilled at facilitating change-full experiences that reflect each community’s unique identity.
It really depends on what you want! Here are some examples of programs we have created and facilitated with youth in educational and community settings:
• Beyond “diversity training”—A relational ethic of anti-oppression & social justice
• Collaboration and coalition building
• Positive space campaign
• Youth development and leadership
• Team building, visioning, and goal planning
• Conversational skills for youth leaders
• Peer support teams
• Response to community crisis
• We don’t lecture
• We don’t know everything
• We don’t have a cookie-cutter for all groups/communities
• We don’t think we know better than you do
Let's Start a Conversation
Believe me—I can talk a lot of dense theory and carry on about a lot of big effing ideas— but that’s not what you’re here for, and this isn’t about me, it’s about you and your life. It’s my job to *get* you and respond to you on your terms, in your terms.
I begin every relationship with potential clients with a brief phone call (there’s no fee or obligation).