Below you will find a collection of resources – including articles and book chapters – that relate to Julie’s work.
You can get additional information by clicking on the items below.
Note: Items labeled buy online will take you to an external website.
Showing all 3 results
Showing all 13 results
Popular Culture Texts and Young People: Making Meaning, Honouring Resistance, and Becoming Harry Potter
We Don’t Need No Education: Parents are Doing it For Themselves
Resisting Normativity: Queer Musings on Politics, Identity, and the Performance of Therapy
Feedback Informed Treatment: Evidence-Based Practice Meets Social Construction
Friendly Ghosts: Re-Membering Conversations with Children
Homonormativity & Queer Youth Resistance
Nimble and Courageous Acts: How Michael Became the Boss of Himself
Pedagogy and Praxis: Postmodern Spirit in the Classroom
Psychotherapy Research, the Recovery Movement and Practice-Based Evidence in Psychiatric Rehabilitation
The Gender Binary: Theory & Lived Experience
Winter Stories: Therapeutic Conversations from the Land of Ice and Snow
Cultural Studies Methodologies and Narrative Family Therapy: Therapeutic Conversations About Pop Culture
Re-Methodologizing Research: Queer Considerations for Just Inquiry
- Information to support gender creative children & trans youth
- For consumers of psychiatric services, research & critique of drug-based & conventional psychiatric practices
- Sex-positive information for youth
Transgender, Intersex, Gender-Expansive Revolutionary Resources & Services for children and youth
- Retelling the Stories of Our Lives: Everyday Narrative Therapy to Draw Inspiration and Transform Experience
Life Isn’t Binary
- Relationships & Sex
- “Rewriting the Rules An Anti Self-Help Guide to Love, Sex and Relationships”
- “Mating in Captivity”
- “Enjoy Sex (How, when, and IF you want to)”
- Gender and Sexuality
- “How to Understand Your Gender”
- “How to Understand Your Sexuality”
- Mind-body Approaches to Depression & Anxiety
- “The Chemistry of Calm”
- “The Chemistry of Joy”
Let's Start a Conversation
Believe me—I can talk a lot of dense theory and carry on about a lot of big effing ideas— but that’s not what you’re here for, and this isn’t about me, it’s about you and your life. It’s my job to *get* you and respond to you on your terms, in your terms.
I begin every relationship with potential clients with a brief phone call (there’s no fee or obligation).